Are you searching for a deep fryer that’s effective at cooking tasty food?
If so, you’ll be interested to find out what features are available among the top five deep fryers that you can buy, right now.
We’ve made your job easier by doing the research for you. All you need to do is read through our reviews below and use our buying guide to help you pick out the best fryer for your needs.
- 1 How does a deep fryer work?
- 2 Deep fryer price
- 3 Key points to consider
- 4 Best Deep Fryer 2018 – Comparison and Reviews
- 5 Verdict
How does a deep fryer work?
Start off by filling your deep dryer while it’s cool, with oil. Next up, ensure it’s plugged in and switch the fryer on or use the settings to achieve the desired temperature.
Normally, food is fried between temperatures of 350-375-degrees Fahrenheit.
When putting the food in, make sure that it’s completely dry and has been covered in a batter. Lower the food into the fryer at a slow pace and be sure that it’s completely covered in the oil.
Once you’ve let the food cook for your preferred amount of time, you can remove it with caution.
Most deep fryers come with a basket which you can simply use to lift the food out of the oil. However, if not, use a spoon to take the food out.
Prior to digging right into the food, it’s a good idea to let it sit on a paper towel so that it dries properly.
- Also Read: Is Deep Frying in Olive Oil Good for You?
Deep fryer price
How much do deep fryers generally cost?
Well, this mostly depends on how large it is. The bigger a deep fryer is, the more expensive it will be. If you wanted something that could deep fry large pieces of food, you should be prepared to expand your budget.
However, for most people, a medium or small fryer will work perfectly. If you have a large family, it’s more likely that you’ll need to spend more on a larger deep fryer.
Most deep fryers are usually cheaper compared to air frying pans too.
Key points to consider
Before jumping into the features of the best deep fryers, there are some key points to consider. Take a look below to be completely clear on some important factors to think about while looking for deep fryers.
The capacity of a deep fryer is vital. Choosing one that has enough capacity for your cooking needs will make it useful or useless.
So, think about whether you’re going to use it to cook for more two people. For families, we recommend using a deep fryer that has an oil capacity of 3.5 liters and a power rating of 1750 watts.
This ensures that you’ll be able to cook a lot of food with plenty of power and oil capacity.
However, if you have a smaller family, or are just cooking for one or two people, a deep fryer with 1500 watts of power would work great.
Whether it is convenient to use
Be sure to take a look at the instruction manual of your chosen deep fryer. Is it easy to use?
This is a major factor that can often make people think twice about using their fryers. So, be sure that you feel confident in following the instructions and being able to use your deep fryer.
Easy to clean
It’s common to create a mess while cooking with oil, right?
This is a legitimate concern among people who are interested in purchasing a deep fryer. You’ll be glad to know that most models nowadays come with parts that can be easily removed and washed.
Some of them can even be thrown into the dishwasher for even more convenience.
Having a timer while cooking food in a deep fryer will be a must-have for many.
This is because having the correct timings while frying foods can be the difference between a tasty and a disastrous meal.
A timer alleviates any pressure. Simply set it to the desired time and you’re good to go.
Best Deep Fryer 2018 – Comparison and Reviews
Now that you know some of the main factors to consider when choosing the best deep fryer, it’s time to delve into the details of what these cooking items have to offer you.
Secura 1700-Watt (Best overall rating)
One of the best features that customers have been loving about this option is that it lets you have two fryers on the go at the same time.
This is an awesome benefit that allows you to prep your fried foods so that they’re ready to eat at the same time. Therefore, the capacity benefits of having two fryers are great for cooking for multiple people.
- We noticed that the construction quality is fantastic. It has been made using incredibly sturdy stainless-steel materials. So, you can be sure that it will last you for a long time to come.
- Users have been appreciating how this deep fryer comes with a timer system too. It works on an automatic system that enables you to simply set it up to 60 minutes ahead of time.
- The maximum temperature goes up to 375-degrees. This is a good feature that ensures you never go above the recommended frying temperature for the best cooking results.
- The tank where you store the oil can be easily removed. As a result, you’re able to clean and maintain this deep fryer with minimal effort.
- Fast heating times
- 1700 watts of power
- Built-in timer to prevent overcooking
- Sturdy construction
- 2 fryers for impressive capacity
- Some find the power cord is too short
T-fal Deep Fryer (Best Seller)
This T-Fal deep fryer is one of the best-selling options available right now. It comes with a fantastic 1700 watts of power and a maximum capacity of 3.5 liters of oil.
Therefore, we recommend this one for people who are looking to fry food for lots of people.
- The fryer has been constructed out of heavy-duty stainless steel. Furthermore, they’ve used stainless-steel materials to make up the mesh on the basket.
So, you can feel confident in knowing that this deep fryer is both strong and durable.
- We liked how this T-Fal fryer heats up using an immersion method. This ensures that the oil is able to heat at a very fast rate. However, it works to keep the food cooking at a steady temperature. As a result, it cooks all the way through and remains crispy on the outside.
- There is an EZ Clean Oil-Filtration System built-in too. This is effective at expelling the smells that are given off when deep frying foods.
- Dealing with the excess oil after frying food is easy. This is because they’ve included a container which catches all the oil that doesn’t get used. This makes cleaning easier as you can just throw the old oil out and clean the inside of the pot and basket.
- Controlling the temperature is a breeze with the thermostat. It can be adjusted and clearly seen at all times. It stays cool, no matter how hot the dryer gets and ensures that you achieve the optimal cooking times for great food.
- Fantastic for cooking for multiple people
- Rapid heat up times
- Easily adjustable and visible thermostat
- EZ Clean Oil-Filtration System for getting rid of smells
- Simple to clean
- Strong & durable materials
- Some would prefer the basket to be deeper
- Container for oil can be prone to leaking if filled over the limit
Presto 05420(Best Budget Deep Fryer)
If you’re on a tighter budget, but still need an effective deep fryer, you’ll be interested to learn more about this Presto fryer.
- The thermostat can be easily adjusted to ensure you achieve the correct cooking times for amazing food.
- To make maintenance easy, you can remove the various parts of the fryer. As a result, the job of cleaning up is a lot easier.
- For an affordable option, this fryer still has a kick. It operates with 1500 watts of power which is incredibly effective at heating up in no time.
- Users have been glad to find that this fryer is super lightweight too. It weighs less than 10 lbs! so, you can be sure to transport it with ease if needed.
- The air filter that’s equipped has been impressing people. It means that any smell that’s created from cooking with oil is dissipated. So, if you’re worried about your kitchen developing the smells from deep frying, this Presto deep fryer is a great choice.
- The cleaning process is very easy
- Incredibly low price
- Adjustable thermostat for perfect cooking times
- 1500w of power for fast frying times
- Very lightweight and easy to transport if necessary
- The air filter ensures no smells linger on after cooking
- The plastic lid can be a nuisance to use while frying
Hamilton Beach Deep Fryer (Best speed cooking)
The Hamilton Beach is an awesome choice if you’re looking to cook fast. It’s powered by 1500 watts of energy which enables you to heat the oil up at remarkable speeds. The quicker you can heat up the oil to the right temperature, the faster you can get the food in for cooking.
- We liked how they have included a fantastic safety element to this deep fryer. The sides have been created with cooling technology. This ensures that regardless of how hot the fryer gets, the sides will always remain cool. As a result, you won’t burn yourself. This makes putting food in and taking it back out safer.
- There’s no timer available with this one. However, they have implemented a light system which lets you know when your food is ready. Once it lights up, you’re alerted that the food is done.
- You are able to easily change the temperature of the fryer too. It goes up to a maximum of 375-degrees F. This is the recommended limit for cooking and it prevents any overcooking issues.
- Awesome for two people
- Cooling technology on the sides keeps you safe from burns
- Light alters tells you when the food is cooked
- You’re able to adjust the temperature
- 1500W of power allows for fast cooking
- The lack of a timer may be an issue for some
- There’s no oil filtration system to get rid of smells after cooking
Cuisinart CDF-200(Best fryer for a big family)
This Cuisinart CDF-200 is without a doubt, the best deep fryer for large families.
- It operates with a total of 1800 watts of power. Therefore, you can feel confident in knowing that this is a very powerful fryer that is capable of cooking large quantities of food at a time.
- We were also impressed by how quickly it heats up the oil. This is due to the immersion heating method that it uses.
- Users have been appreciating how they’ve included a little window. This lets you keep a closer eye on your food as it’s cooking.
- All of the controls are very easy to use and make using the fryer a breeze. There is also a timer included which lets you know when your food is done.
- 1800w of power is great for cooking with large families
- Fast heating up times
- Small window to see your food being cooked
- The controls are easy to use
- Can be prone to making a mess inside while frying foods
You are now armed with more information surrounding what some of the best deep fryers have to offer.
Before jumping into a purchase, we recommend that you consider how you want to use the fryer beforehand. Do you need it to cook for lots of people, or just you and another person?
It’s also a good idea to establish your budget too.
Once you’ve got your checklist ready, you’ll find it a lot easier to navigate your way through the many options that are available.
Be sure to use our review as a guide to help you pick the best deep fryer!